packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Privacy Notice
Last updated: November 27, 2018.
What Personal Information About Customers Does packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com on other Web sites.
- Mobile: When you download or use apps created by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack or our subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features and personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Associates with content served by packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com and Web sites using Checkout by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack payment service), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences .
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads policy.
Which Information Can I Access?
packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com features as Your Profile, Wish Lists and Customer Reviews.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the Which Information Can I Access? section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences . (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- If you do not want us to use personal information that we gather to allow third parties to personalize advertisements we display to you, please inform our Customer Service.
Are Children Allowed to Use packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com?
packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. For more information, please see our Children’s Privacy Disclosure.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Austria. If you have any concern about privacy at packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us) or Your Profile ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; use our services such as compile Wish Lists or other gift registries; participate in Discussion Boards or other community features; provide and rate Reviews; and employ Product Availability Alerts, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile ; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our subsidiary; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications and personalized advertising preferences and address book); payment settings; e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, and newsletters); Recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations); shopping lists registries; and Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders, personal profile, and Wish List).
Conditions of Use
Last updated: May 21, 2018
Welcome to packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com and other products and services when you visit or shop at packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, use packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack products or services, use packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack applications for mobile, or use software provided by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack in connection with any of the foregoing (collectively, “packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services”). packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack provides the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services subject to the following conditions.
By using packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, you agree to these conditions. Please read them carefully.
We offer a wide range of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, and sometimes additional terms may apply. When you use an packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service (for example, Your Profile or packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack applications) you also will be subject to the guidelines, terms and agreements applicable to that packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service (“Service Terms”). If these Conditions of Use are inconsistent with the Service Terms, those Service Terms will control.
Please review our Privacy Notice, which also governs your use of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, to understand our practices.
When you use packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from your desktop or mobile device to us, you may be communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically, such as e-mails, texts, mobile push notices, or notices and messages on this site or through the other packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, such as our Message Center, and you can retain copies of these communications for your records. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included in or made available through any packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software is the property of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content included in or made available through any packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service is the exclusive property of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack.
LICENSE AND ACCESS
Subject to your compliance with these Conditions of Use and any Service Terms, and your payment of any applicable fees, packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service, or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service or its contents; any downloading, copying, or other use of account information for the benefit of any third party; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms are reserved and retained by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rightsholders, or other content providers. No packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service, nor any part of any packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service, may be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing packbackerworld`s and backpackerstarterpack’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack. You may not misuse the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services. You may use the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services only as permitted by law. The licenses granted by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack terminate if you do not comply with these Conditions of Use or any Service Terms.
You may need your own packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack account to use certain packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, and you may be required to be logged in to the account and have a valid payment method associated with it. If there is a problem charging your selected payment method, we may charge any other valid payment method associated with your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack does sell products for children, but it sells them to adults, who can purchase with a credit card or other permitted payment method. If you are under 18, you may use the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Parents and guardians may create profiles for teenagers in their packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Household. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase alcohol, or use any site functionality related to alcohol. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, terminate your rights to use packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS, COMMUNICATIONS, AND OTHER CONTENT
You may post reviews, comments, photos, videos, and other content; send e-cards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights (including publicity rights), or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable, and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam” or unsolicited commercial electronic messages. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You grant packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack for all claims resulting from content you supply. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
RISK OF LOSS
All purchases of physical items from Amazon are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
RETURNS, REFUNDS AND TITLE
packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack does not take title to returned items until the item arrives at Thomas Raber, Konrad Seyde-Strasse 13a, 5301 Eugendorf, Austria. At our discretion, a refund may be issued without requiring a return. In this situation, packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack does not take title to the refunded item.
packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of any packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Service is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
“List Price” means the suggested retail price of a product as provided by a manufacturer, supplier, or seller. We regularly check List Prices against prices recently found on packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack and other retailers. Certain products may have a “Was Price” displayed, which is determined using recent price history of the product on packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack.
With respect to items sold by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack, we cannot confirm the price of an item until you order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If the correct price of an item sold by packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. Other merchants may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.
We generally do not charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process or, for digital products, until we make the digital product available to you.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) AND OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES, INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH THE PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICES, PACKBACKERWORLD`S AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK’S SERVERS OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS SENT FROM PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF ANY PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICE, OR FROM ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS (INCLUDING SOFTWARE) OR OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED ON OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU THROUGH ANY PACKBACKERWORLD AND BACKPACKERSTARTERPACK SERVICE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING.
SITE POLICIES, MODIFICATION, AND SEVERABILITY
Please review our other policies, such as our pricing policy, posted on this site. These policies also govern your use of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Services. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, Service Terms, and these Conditions of Use at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
Konrad Seyde-Strasse 13a
Supply Chain Standards
packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack is strongly committed to conducting its business in a lawful and ethical manner, including engaging with suppliers that are committed to the same principles. These standards set out packbackerworld`s and backpackerstarterpack`s expectations for suppliers of goods and services. We require suppliers in our manufacturing supply chain and suppliers supporting packbackerworld`s and backpackerstarterpack`s operations to comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct (“Supplier Code”), which is detailed below. In order to ensure these standards are cascaded throughout our supply chain, packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack also expects our suppliers to hold their suppliers and subcontractors to the standards and practices covered by our Supplier Code. Our products must be manufactured and services provided in a manner that meets or exceeds the expectations of packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack and our customers as reflected in our Supplier Code.
Here are some of the key areas we focus on:
- Health and safety in production areas and any living quarters
- The right to legal wages and benefits
- Appropriate working hours and overtime pay
- Prevention of child labor or forced labor
- Fair and ethical treatment, including non-discrimination
To ensure that our policies and programs incorporate internationally recognized human rights standards, we conduct formal benchmarking with industry and multilateral groups to design, operate, and continually improve our risk assessment and audit program. Audit and assessment results are reviewed regularly by the senior leadership of the appropriate business and corrective action plans are implemented with suppliers as needed.
We partner closely with our suppliers to drive continuous improvement in working conditions. We train our suppliers on the standards and conduct required by our Supplier Code. Where appropriate, we use independent auditors to verify compliance, including confidential worker interviews. We may also, where appropriate, use industry association audits and other mechanisms to verify information. We regularly assess suppliers to monitor continued compliance and improvement; many sites are assessed multiple times a year, including for follow-up assessments to address specific findings. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack may terminate its relationships with any supplier that violates our Supplier Code or does not cooperate during assessments.
Assessments may include:
- Site inspection of all areas of the site and any living quarters;
- Confidential worker interviews or surveys conducted without site management present;
- Review and analysis of site documents or licenses to assess workers’ age, contracts, compensation, working hours, and workplace conditions;
- Identification of past compliance issues, areas for improvement, and development of a remediation plan.
Upon completion of an assessment, a supplier must promptly provide a detailed remediation plan for each issue identified. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack tracks remediation closely and conducts follow-up assessments for significant issues. Between assessments.
Supplier Code of Conduct
Guiding Principle. Our suppliers’ business and labor practices must comply with all applicable laws, as well as the requirements and principles of this Supplier Code. Suppliers must comply with the standards of this Supplier Code even when this Supplier Code exceeds the requirements of applicable law.
Child Labor. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack will not tolerate the use of child labor. Our suppliers must engage workers whose age is the greater of: (i) 15, (ii) the age of completion of compulsory education, or (iii) the minimum age to work in the country where work is performed. Furthermore, workers under the age of 18 must not perform hazardous work. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack supports the development of legitimate workplace apprenticeship programs that comply with applicable laws and this Supplier Code.
Involuntary Labor, Human Trafficking, and Slavery. Our suppliers must not use forced labor – slave, prison, indentured, bonded, or otherwise. Our suppliers must not traffic workers or in any other way exploit workers by means of threat, force, coercion, abduction, or fraud. Working must be voluntary, and workers must be free to leave work and terminate their employment or other work status with reasonable notice. Workers shall not be required to pay recruitment, hiring, or other similar fees related to their employment; our suppliers must bear or reimburse to their workers the cost of any such fees. All fees and expenses charged to workers must be disclosed to packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack and communicated to workers in their native language in advance of employment. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack also expects our suppliers to hold their third-party labor agents or brokers to the standards and practices covered by this Supplier Code.
Our suppliers must not require workers to surrender government issued identification, passports, or work permits as a condition of working, and our suppliers may only temporarily hold onto such documents to the extent reasonably necessary to complete legitimate administrative and immigration processing. Workers must be given clear, understandable contracts regarding the terms and conditions of their engagement in a language understood by the worker. Suppliers must ensure that each of its staffing or recruiting agencies comply with this Supplier Code and with the more stringent of the applicable laws of the country where work is performed and the worker’s home country.
Safety and Health. Our suppliers must provide workers with a safe and healthy work environment, and suppliers must, at a minimum, comply with applicable laws regarding working conditions and with the standards below.
Occupational Safety. Suppliers must educate workers on safety procedures and also control worker exposure to potential physical safety hazards by implementing physical guards, barriers, and/or engineering and administrative controls. Workers must be informed and receive appropriate education in advance if they will be working with (or otherwise exposed to) hazardous or dangerous conditions or materials. In addition, workers must be given appropriate personal protective equipment and educated and trained on the proper use of such equipment. Suppliers must manage, track, and report occupational injuries and illnesses.
Physically Demanding Work. Suppliers must continually identify, evaluate, and control physically demanding tasks to ensure that worker health and safety is not jeopardized.
Emergency Preparedness and Response. Suppliers must identify and plan for emergency situations and implement and train their workers on response systems, including emergency reporting, alarm systems, worker notification and evacuation procedures, worker training and drills, first-aid supplies, fire detection and suppression equipment, and unblocked exit facilities.
Machine Safeguarding. Suppliers must implement a regular machinery maintenance program. Production and other machinery must be routinely evaluated for safety hazards.
Sanitation and Housing. Workers must be provided with reasonable access to clean toilet facilities and potable drinking water. If suppliers provide a canteen or other food accommodations, they must include sanitary food preparation, storage, and eating accommodations. If suppliers provide residential facilities for their workers, they must provide clean and safe accommodations. In such residential facilities, workers must be provided with emergency egresses, reasonable and secure personal space, entry and exit privileges, reasonable access to hot water for bathing, adequate heat and ventilation, and reasonable transportation to and from work facilities (if not reasonably accessible by walking).
Wages and Benefits. Our suppliers must pay their workers in a timely manner and provide compensation (including overtime pay and benefits) that, at a minimum, satisfy applicable laws. Suppliers must provide to their workers the basis on which workers are being paid in a timely manner via pay stub or similar documentation. Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure are not permitted.
Working Hours. Except in unusual or emergency situations, (i) suppliers must not require a worker to work more than 60 hours per week, including overtime, and (ii) each worker must be entitled to at least one day off for every seven-day work period. In all circumstances, working hours must not exceed the maximum amount permitted by law.
Anti-discrimination. Conditions of working must be based on an individual’s ability to do the job, not on personal characteristics or beliefs. Our suppliers must not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, political opinion, pregnancy, marital or family status, or similar factors in hiring and working practices such as job applications, promotions, job assignments, training, wages, benefits, and termination. Suppliers must not subject workers or applicants to medical tests that could be used in a discriminatory manner.
Fair Treatment. All workers must be treated with respect and dignity. Our suppliers must not engage in or permit physical, verbal, or psychological abuse or coercion, including threats of violence, sexual harassment, or unreasonable restrictions on entering or exiting work and residential facilities. Workers must be free to voice their concerns to packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack or its auditors, and allowed to participate in the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack audit process, without fear of retaliation by supplier management.
Immigration Compliance. Our suppliers may only engage workers who have a legal right to work. If suppliers engage foreign or migrant workers, such workers must be engaged in full compliance with the immigration and labor laws of the host country.
Freedom of Association. Our suppliers must respect the rights of workers to establish and join a legal organization of their own selection. Workers must not be penalized or subjected to harassment or intimidation for the non-violent exercise of their right to join or refrain from joining such legal organizations.
No Bribery. Our suppliers may not engage in bribery with anyone for any reason, whether dealings with government officials or the private sector. This includes offering, promising, giving, or accepting anything of value to obtain or provide undue or improper advantages to anyone for any reason.
Anti-Corruption. Suppliers must comply with applicable anti-corruption laws, including the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the United Kingdom Bribery Act, and never bribe a government official on packbackerworld`s and backpackerstarterpack`s behalf. Suppliers may not offer, give, or promise anything of value, either directly or indirectly, to government officials to encourage them to act improperly or to reward them for doing so. Prohibited payments can take many forms including, but not limited to, cash or cash equivalents, gifts, meals, and entertainment.
Whistleblower Protections. Suppliers must protect worker whistleblower confidentiality and prohibit retaliation against workers who report workplace grievances. Suppliers must create a mechanism for workers to submit their grievances anonymously.
Management Systems. Suppliers must adopt a management system to ensure compliance with applicable laws and this Supplier Code and to facilitate continual improvement.
Communication and Worker Feedback. Suppliers must clearly and accurately communicate and educate workers about packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack policies, practices, and expectations. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack may require suppliers to post this Supplier Code in a location accessible to their workers (translated into the appropriate local language(s)). In addition, packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack encourages suppliers to partner with us to implement a process to assess workers’ understanding of the standards and practices covered by this Supplier Code.
Documentation and Records. Suppliers must create, retain, and dispose of business records in full compliance with applicable legal requirements along with appropriate confidentiality to protect privacy.
Environment. Our suppliers must comply with applicable environmental laws. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack encourages our suppliers to implement systems that are designed to minimize the impact on the environment by the supply chain system, the production process, and the products themselves.
Environmental Permits and Recordkeeping. Suppliers must obtain and keep current all required environmental permits, approvals, and registrations and follow applicable operational and reporting requirements.
Effective Management and Disposal of Hazardous Substances. Suppliers must effectively identify and manage the safe handling, movement, storage, and disposal of chemicals and other substances that pose a threat to the environment, including providing workers with appropriate training on the safe-handling and disposal of hazardous substances. Suppliers must also monitor and control wastewater or solid waste generated from operations before disposing in accordance with applicable laws. In addition, suppliers must characterize, monitor, control, and treat regulated air emissions before discharging in accordance with applicable laws.
Continuous Improvement. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack encourages our suppliers to continuously improve and reduce waste. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack welcomes suggestions and feedback from its suppliers to improve packbackerworld`s and backpackerstarterpack`s own operations and processes.
Conflict Minerals. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack is committed to avoiding the use of minerals that have fueled conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or an adjoining country. We expect suppliers to support our effort to identify the origin of designated minerals used in our products.
Corrective Action. Suppliers’ compliance with this Supplier Code is subject to packbackerworld`s and backpackerstarterpack`s review, including third-party auditing of work and residential facilities and conducting confidential worker interviews. Suppliers must be transparent and provide prompt access to their facilities, records, and workers during any audit. We require suppliers to promptly provide a detailed remediation plan and take corrective actions for deviations from this Supplier Code, and packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack will track suppliers’ remediation efforts. packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack may (without liability) terminate its relationships with any supplier found to be in violation of this Supplier Code, including for denying prompt access to our auditors.
Supplier Code Last Updated: November 2018 (Formerly referred to as Supplier Code of Standards and Responsibilities)
Children’s Privacy Disclosure
Children’s privacy is important to packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack. This disclosure and the packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Privacy Notice describe how we handle personal information we collect from children under the age of 13 (“child” or “children”).
What Personal Information Does packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Collect From Children?
We offer some services intended for children, and in some cases we may know a child is using our services (for example, when using a child profile). In these situations, children may share and we may collect personal information that requires verifiable parental consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (collectively, “Child Personal Information”). Child Personal Information could include, for example, name, birthdate, contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses), voice, photos, videos, location, certain activity and device information, and certain other types of information described in our Privacy Notice. Our Privacy Notice also describes information we collect that is not Child Personal Information.
How Does packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Use Child Personal Information?
We use Child Personal Information to provide and improve our products and services, including personalizing offerings and recommendations for children, communicating information, enforcing parental controls, and giving parents visibility into how their children use our products and services. We will not serve interest-based ads to your child when they are using an packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack child profile.
Does packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack Share Child Personal Information?
We share Child Personal Information only as described in our Privacy Notice. Your child may be able to share information publicly and with others depending on the products and services used.
What Choices Do I Have?
You choose whether to give us permission to collect Child Personal Information from your child. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Child Personal Information without this permission.
Please note that if you withdraw the permission you have provided for your child or request deletion of Child Personal Information, certain services and features may no longer be available.
What About Information Collected By Third Parties?
This disclosure does not apply to the practices of any third-party services (including apps, skills, and websites) that may be accessed through an packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack product or service. Before using any third-party service, you should review the applicable terms and policies to determine their appropriateness for your child, including the service’s data collection and use practices.
If you receive a suspicious (sometimes called phishing) correspondence, here are some tips to determine if it’s an e-mail or webpage from packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com.
Don’t open any attachments or click any links from suspicious e-mails.
packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack will never send you an unsolicited e-mail that asks you to provide sensitive personal information like your social security number, tax ID, bank account number, credit card information, ID questions like your mother’s maiden name or your password. If you receive a suspicious e-mail please report it immediately.
Suspicious e-mails or webpages not from packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com often contain:
- An order confirmation for an item you didn’t purchase or an attachment to an order confirmation
- Note: Go to Your Orders to see if there is an order that matches the details in the e-mail. If it doesn’t match an order in Your Account, the message isn’t from packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack.
- Requests for your packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com username and/or password, or other personal information
- Requests to update payment information
- Note: Go to Your Account and click Manage Payment Options in the Payments section. If you aren’t prompted to update your payment method on that screen, the message isn’t from packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack.
- Links to websites that look like packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com, but aren’t packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack
- Attachments or prompts to install software on your computer
- Typos or grammatical errors
Forged e-mail addresses to make it look like the e-mail is coming from packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com
Verify Your E-mail Address for a New Account
We may ask that you verify ownership of your e-mail address before creating a new account.
Important: If you think you may have an account already, it’s always best to use your existing account. You can select “Forgot Your Password?” on the sign-in screen to regain access if you’re having trouble signing in. If you create a new account with an e-mail that’s already associated to an packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack account, the existing account(s) will be disabled. Once disabled, the existing account(s) won’t be able to access order history, gift certificates, digital purchases, Kindle books or any other data.
If you do wish to create a new account using an e-mail that’s already associated to an packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack account, you’ll need to verify that you can access that e-mail address. To verify your e-mail address when creating a new packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com account:
- Click the link in the verification e-mail that’s automatically sent after attempting to create the new account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: If you didn’t receive our verification e-mail:
- Confirm that your e-mail address was entered with the correct domain name and no spaces.
- Check your spam or junk e-mail folder.
Choose a Strong Password
To protect your password, it’s important to change it periodically and keep your password private, since anybody who knows your password may access your account. We recommend changing your password every 30-60 days.
To choose a strong password:
- Use a different password on packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack that you use on other sites. If you need help remembering your password, consider using a password manager. Research the best one for you.
- Use at least 8 characters. A minimum of 6 is required; a maximum of 128 is allowed. While not required, adding numbers or special characters to your password will make it even stronger. For example, the password “rivers2!%” is a much stronger password than “rivers.”
- Choose an original password. Passwords previously used for your account will not be accepted by the system.
- Do not use the same password that you use on other sites.
- Avoid passwords that are easy to guess. These include passwords such as “secret,” “password,” packbackerworld or backpackerstarterpack,” or “123456.” They also include things like a dictionary word, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can easily be obtained.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive. For instance, “RIVERS2!%” and “rivers2!%” are two different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use, and make sure that the CAPS LOCK key on your keyboard is not turned on.
Protect Your System
Some suspicious e-mails contain attachments and link to websites that try to install malicious software on your computer.
Here are some ways to protect your system, devices, and wireless network:
- If you’ve entered your password on what you think might be a malicious website, go to Forgot Your Password and change it immediately.
- If you’ve entered your credit card information on what you think might be a malicious website or replied to an email with that information, immediately contact your credit card company.
- Note: Don’t forget to update the card on packbackerworld.com and backpackerstarterpack.com afterward.
- Install anti-virus or anti-malware software from a reputable company. Keep security software up-to-date by installing updates and patches as soon as they are available.
- Note: After it’s installed, run a full scan of your computer.
- Do not install software that you do not need or that comes from unverified sources.
- Ignore urgent pop-ups that tell you your devices are infected with a virus and that you must click a link to fix the problem.
- Do not leave your devices unattended in public places.
- Select the option to manually, not automatically, connect to WiFi.
- Disable hotspots when not needed.
- Change the name of your wireless network and any pre-set passwords provided by the vendor, even if the name and password seem complex.
Report a Security Issue
At packbackerworld and backpackerstarterpack we take security and privacy very seriously.
To report a security issue, use one of the following options:
- For Unknown, Suspicious, or Fraudulent Purchases, Orders, or Credit Card Transactions, Suspicious Password Changes, Account Changes, or Potential Fraud please contact Customer Service.